We know that when it comes to planning a wedding, to say it can be overwhelming is an understatement. There are so many decisions to be made, and each step in the process affects the next. This is one of the reasons we LOVE the Wedding Wire vendor checklist, it provides a step-by-step timeline for when you should book your wedding vendors. Armed with this, and a few other tips and tricks from us, you will be ready to take on the wedding world.
1. HIRE A WEDDING PLANNER. We cannot stress this enough. They know the wedding world like the back of their hand and are worth their weight in gold. You don’t know what you don’t know… A quality Wedding Planner not only will keep you on track, but will help you create the day of your dreams, or help you figure out what your dream day is all while staying within your budget!
2. A good rule of thumb when planning your wedding is to get a jump on hiring your wedding vendors. Nothing is worse than falling in love with a vendor only to find out that they are booked on your date. Haven’t picked a date? Even better, they may be the ones who dictate that for you based on their availability. Very rarely do vendors hold a date for you. They work off of a first come first serve basis so solidifying those vendors early on so you can enjoy your engagement is a great plan.
3. Hiring your wedding vendors is like choreographing a dance, you want to pair people up with the very best partners. If you are unsure about a vendor, don’t be afraid to ask around. It is always good to get recommendations from other vendors because we see it all. We have the pleasure of seeing the good, the bad and the ugly. If we work with people we know and love on the wedding day it’s like working with friends and it just makes wedding magic for the couple!!
4. Weddings are so expensive. One of the benefits of booking vendors early is the fact that you secure better pricing. Most vendors raise prices slightly every year. So, if you are getting married in 2018 it is best to book vendors at 2017 pricing.
5. The earlier you book the more time you have to sit back, relax and just enjoy being engaged.